When property is a component of a corporate deal, we ensure that all property aspects have been examined and protected. We provide advice on the property holdings of the corporate client and ensure that the property aspects of the transaction are captured in the sale and purchase agreement (“SPA”).
- Corporate support: we provide real estate due diligence in corporate disposal and acquisition situations and draft and negotiate the property clauses and warranties, disclosures and indemnities in SPAs.
- Investment and financing: we provide reports and certificates of title in corporate funding and refinancing situations
- Lease and title reports
- Real Estate litigation support
In addition to working with our corporate team, we frequently work with the corporate teams of other professional practices when they require specialist expertise in this area. What we offer is what we deliver every day to our conventional client base: quality. We are ‘real life’ property lawyers, experienced in creating innovative solutions and not tied to delivering an LPO ‘rulebook’ service.
- Our corporate, employment and real estate lawyers teamed up to work for L A Fitness on the disposal of 25 fitness & leisure clubs together with the business and assets of those clubs.
- One of our real estate teams provided support and advice for the UK aspects of the sale of Perkin Elmer’s illumination and detection solutions business of Perkin Elmer to Veritas Capital. We provided timely advice and support to the City of London and the US corporate lawyers to facilitate the sale of the illumination and detection solutions business.
- When BT Pension Scheme sold the UK limited partnerships owning three major business parks, two in England and one in Scotland, for £430m, our team worked alongside, Martin Billings’s team worked alongside the lead corporate team from BLP to advise on all of the real estate issues relevant to Chineham Park, Hampshire and to support the contractual negotiations for a commitment funded by senior and mezzanine debt. The deal involved many months of preparation in order to be able to ensure that the eventual buyer and its funders could not find any reasons to stretch the very tight but pre-published transaction timetable which was achieved to the day.
- Our corporate, employment and real estate lawyers advised P D Hook (Group) Limited on their acquisition of a poultry breeding, hatching and rearing business and assets (including freehold properties). The team worked closely with other professionals (including bankers, banking lawyers (Gateleys), accountants and Scottish lawyers (Brodies)) and our client. The £35m deal secured and protected the client’s supply and production lines.
We’re immensely proud of our client relationships. We strive to be a welcome and constant companion throughout their journeys.
Many of our clients have been with us for a long time: some since the firm began. We help them navigate matters to achieve the right outcome and we stay with them until everything has been resolved. By securing and protecting our clients’ interests, we give them the confidence and freedom to focus on their core business.
Our clients operate in different industries and sectors, but most of them have serious real estate interests, whether in the form of property in the traditional sense or other types of physical infrastructure.