Our award-winning property lawyers work with landlords and tenants across the board, when granting or taking leases, during their term and following their expiry. This work is the bedrock of our practice. Our experience is considerable and our service comprehensive.
We have a long history of working with clients with large property portfolios and complex group structures. Our experience gives our lawyers the edge to negotiate the best possible terms for our clients, often where time pressures are significant. Our work includes:
- The granting, acquisition and disposal of leasehold premises
- Agreements for lease
- Underleases and related documents
- Interpretation of lease clauses
- Rent deposit agreements
- Alterations and changes of use
- Obtaining or providing landlord’s consent
- Rent reviews
- Surrenders of leases and regears
- Lease renewals and lease end issues
- Leasehold portfolio management
- Landlord and tenant dispute resolution
- Property investment
- We work exclusively on the real estate portfolio of MEPC in managing their property assets, in particular their mixed use technology and business park at Milton Park and their UK technology park at Silverstone.
- Our property and construction lawyers acted on the £5m acquisition of Smeg UK’s new global flagship store on Regent Street.
- We work for Arcadia Group on their large retail property portfolio dealing with lease acquisitions, disposals, lease renewal and all portfolio management issues, including real estate litigation. We recently worked on the development and roll out of a ground-breaking deal with Tesco to trial ‘stores-within-stores’ at Tesco sites throughout the country.
- We work exclusively on the portfolio of The Body Shop International plc in England and Wales, dealing with lease acquisitions, disposals, lease renewals and all portfolio management issues. Highlights of the last 12 months include the completion of a sub-letting of HQ warehouse space to Amazon for use as a distribution centre and a new acquisition at Brent Cross Shopping Centre.
- We work for property investment service provider, Patrizia, on their 95 acre business park at Chineham. Recent work includes ‘Project Jigsaw’ – an interconnected network of agreements and leasehold transactions to relocate five major occupiers of the park.
- We act for Moss Bros Group plc and acted on their recent acquisition of a new store at Westfield Stratford.
- We advise building supplies merchant Grafton Group on their leasehold portfolio. We advised on a major acquisition programme which, in addition to the acquisition of new leases, involves planning and construction advice.
- The real estate team has recently concluded several years work for National Grid relating to the management and negotiation of the land and rights acquisitions required for a multi-billion pound project to upgrade London’s ageing infrastructure. The team has facilitated the construction of new 400kV underground cable tunnels on behalf of National Grid.
- We advise a number of funds managed by Rockspring Investment Managers.
- We are proud to work with retailers Ladbrokes, McDonald’s, Mothercare, Oxfam, Pia and Whittards on their significant portfolio and asset management work.
We’re immensely proud of our client relationships. We strive to be a welcome and constant companion throughout their journeys.
Many of our clients have been with us for a long time: some since the firm began. We help them navigate matters to achieve the right outcome and we stay with them until everything has been resolved. By securing and protecting our clients’ interests, we give them the confidence and freedom to focus on their core business.
Our clients operate in different industries and sectors, but most of them have serious real estate interests, whether in the form of property in the traditional sense or other types of physical infrastructure.