We advise clients on their IT strategy and systems, whether as users, owners or operators of data centres. Our technology lawyers are IT specialists who understand the latest technological developments (including ‘Cloud’ solutions for accessing and storing data), have in-house experience and who can work with our clients throughout the lifecycle of an IT and/or outsourcing project.
We also help our clients explore the opportunities arising from the data that is now available to businesses. We advise on how data can be used within the developing regulatory framework and how to manage third party service providers who assist with sourcing, processing and storing data. We also advise on how to manage the risks associated with the unprecedented volume of data with which we all now have to deal.
Contact us to find out more about our experience in the following areas:
- Review and input into tender processes
- Software licensing, development, and maintenance agreements
- Systems Integration: ensuring appropriate contractual obligations are in place to ensure integration and performance of systems, including acceptance testing procedures and standards
- E-commerce legal issues and strategy: including preparing terms and conditions of internet trading (and ensuring proper ‘acceptance’); advising on consumer regulations; preparing privacy and cookie policies
- IP related technology issues
- Managed services and hosting agreements (including service level agreements)
- Web content, design and development agreements
- IT outsourcing agreements
- Cloud Computing contracts: drafting and negotiating software-as-a-service (SaaS), platform-as-a-service (PaaS) and infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) contracts; advising on selecting the most appropriate services for the client’s specific needs and ensuring service levels are in place
- Data protection: advising on Data Protection legislation, related contractual terms, privacy policies and compliance practicalities
- Data sovereignty
- IP rights in data: advising that appropriate IP protection is in place to protect as far as possible rights in data, such as database rights, copyright and contractual restrictions
- Cyber security: advising on practical and contractual measures to secure rights in data
- Data centres and data storage: preparing and negotiating contracts for the storage and processing of data in data centres, including appropriate service provider and real estate contracts
We’re immensely proud of our client relationships. We strive to be a welcome and constant companion throughout their journeys.
Many of our clients have been with us for a long time: some since the firm began. We help them navigate matters to achieve the right outcome and we stay with them until everything has been resolved. By securing and protecting our clients’ interests, we give them the confidence and freedom to focus on their core business.
Our clients operate in different industries and sectors, but most of them have serious real estate interests, whether in the form of property in the traditional sense or other types of physical infrastructure.