Our commercial lawyers protect our clients’ interests by negotiating and drafting accurate and succinct commercial agreements.
Businesses are built around their commercial arrangements with others and we advise our clients how to ensure their competitive advantage is advanced and then maintained with robust contracts and the management of their commercial arrangements. We take time to learn about our clients’ business, to understand the environment in which any particular project is to operate and to identify specific needs.
We have extensive experience in reviewing, preparing and negotiating standard, bespoke or complex business-to-business agreements. Examples of our work areas include:
- Agency: advising on agency contracts and the Commercial Agency Regulations
- Data Protection: advising on data protection legislation, related contractual terms, privacy policies and compliance practicalities
- Distribution: drafting and negotiating international distribution agreements, including advising on competition law aspects
- Outsourcing: drafting and negotiating services agreements, such as IT and data processing contracts, for both the service provider and the outsourcing business
- Manufacturing: preparing manufacturing/OEM agreements and advising on supply chain management issues
- Supply of goods and services: preparing relevant terms and conditions of supply/purchase; advising on applicability of and practicalities around relevant legislation
- International trade: drafting and managing overseas advice on international trading agreements such as franchising, licensing and distribution contracts
- Licensing: preparing and advising on licensing of intellectual property rights internationally
- Franchising: acting for franchisors in relation to setting up new franchise operations, including pilot operations, assistance with trademark and operations manual issues and drafting franchise agreements. Advising franchisors and franchisees on franchise contract issues and disputes.
- Settlement agreements: drafting and advising on contracts capturing the terms on which disputes are resolved
- Co-existence agreements: advising on trademark delimitation agreements and drafting agreements setting out scope of the parties’ respective rights to use their respective trademarks
- Notarial services
- Our team have advised retailer Whittards on a range of cloud computing and data management arrangements, including a software as a service (‘SaaS’)contract and a social media management contract.
- We have acted for Oxford Innovation Limited in respect of various agreements relating to the management services they provide to innovation centres throughout the UK. These include: profit share contracts, bidding agreements, consortium agreements and operational management agreements.
- We act for Ladbrokes in respect of a range of important facilities management, maintenance and general service agreements. We have supported the client throughout the project lifecycle, advising on the initial tender process, drafting the agreement and leading the negotiations to contract completion.
- We advised National Grid on the managed services/outsourcing and data protection aspects of a data centre project. Working alongside our landlord and tenant team, which was negotiating the lease of the proposed host building, the commercial agreements were inextricably linked to the lease terms.
We’re immensely proud of our client relationships. We strive to be a welcome and constant companion throughout their journeys.
Many of our clients have been with us for a long time: some since the firm began. We help them navigate matters to achieve the right outcome and we stay with them until everything has been resolved. By securing and protecting our clients’ interests, we give them the confidence and freedom to focus on their core business.
Our clients operate in different industries and sectors, but most of them have serious real estate interests, whether in the form of property in the traditional sense or other types of physical infrastructure.