Our litigation lawyers work with clients who want to resolve their commercial disputes quickly and efficiently. We combine experience gained from our successful track record with a commercial and pragmatic approach to both routine and complex disputes. We understand the issues quickly, explain the options and advise on how best to implement strategies for settling the dispute.
Our lawyers have particular expertise in the following areas:
- Judicial review
- Professional negligence
- Commercial contract disputes
- Shareholder disputes
- Construction disputes
- Partnership disputes
We have experience not only with Court actions and procedures but also with alternative solutions such as mediation and adjudication.
We pride ourselves on providing transparency when it comes to costs and, where appropriate, offer alternative fee structures including conditional fee agreements.
- The team acted for Smeg UK, the electrical appliances manufacturer, in a dispute with Irish suppliers. The dispute was heard by the London Mercantile Court in relation to goods supplied/work done. This was the first significant commercial dispute the team had been instructed on by Smeg and the Defendant’s claim was dismissed with costs. The Defendant had sought to transfer the action to the Republic of Ireland, which was rejected and failed on three further applications before eventually conceding.
- In another matter for Smeg, a supplier in the Republic of Ireland sought damages arising out of the termination of the relationship between the distributor and our client. The distributor initially sought to defend related proceedings brought by Smeg in the London Mercantile Court but ultimately abandoned that defence and their claim is now proceeding against Smeg in the High Court in Dublin. This matter is important to our client who contends there was never a formal distribution agreement in place and insofar as there was, sufficient notice was given to terminate it.
- Zaher Nicola Jeries Deir v Fahad Bin Saleh Mohammed Al Athel and Others  EWHC 354 (QB) – acting for the Claimant in “acrimonious litigation” relating to director’s fees including various counterclaims with net judgment of over £250,000 in favour of the claimant
- Kama Aviation Company Ltd v Zaher Nicola Jeries Deir (1) and Jet Connections Ltd (2)  EWHC 1276 (QB) – acting for an agent claiming commission arising from the sale of a Boeing 737 aircraft in complex commercial arrangements with a Saudi Sheikh, with net judgment of more than US$130,000 in favour of the agent
- Jewson Holdings Ltd v Clydesdale Bank  – a High Court claim against the bank arising from a property development and the extent of the claimant’s liability under the terms of the bank’s guarantee. We successfully represented the Claimant including obtaining an order for indemnity costs.
- Perry v Day  All ER (D) 327 – a complex claim brought by shareholders of a property development company for reflective losses.
We’re immensely proud of our client relationships. We strive to be a welcome and constant companion throughout their journeys.
Many of our clients have been with us for a long time: some since the firm began. We help them navigate matters to achieve the right outcome and we stay with them until everything has been resolved. By securing and protecting our clients’ interests, we give them the confidence and freedom to focus on their core business.
Our clients operate in different industries and sectors, but most of them have serious real estate interests, whether in the form of property in the traditional sense or other types of physical infrastructure.