Our corporate lawyers advise on mergers, acquisitions and disposals as well as company law, business structures and corporate finance. We take a pragmatic and commercial approach to our clients’ transactions and corporate requirements, many of which are crucial to their strategic development.
We work with many clients across a wide range of sectors and industries on numerous and various corporate transactions. Aspects of our work include:
- Mergers and acquisitions: our lawyers are experienced in acquiring and disposing of shares and businesses and assets in numerous sectors, including health and leisure, agribusinesses and GP mergers. We provide support and expertise to our clients in all aspects of acquisition and disposal transactions, from due diligence, managing data rooms, finance arrangements and transitional services requirements, as well as drafting and negotiating the sale and purchase documentation. We co-ordinate and work closely with our colleagues to ensure that all aspects of our clients’ legal requirements are aligned, particularly in relation to property assets, employees and intellectual property rights. We also work in collaboration with our clients’ accounting and tax advisers.
- Company law: the team deals with the full remit of company matters, including incorporation, corporate governance and shareholders’ issues.
- Business structures: we provide advice on all manner of business structures and have extensive experience in partnership and LLP agreements, shareholders’ agreements and joint venture arrangements, with a particular specialism in real estate projects and professional partnerships.
- Debt and equity funding: our lawyers can assist with corporate investment matters whether by way of the issue of shares or loans and security.
- Notarial services: we can deal with authentication and certification of signatures and documents for use abroad.
- PD Hook (Group) Limited: we acted for PD Hook in the £35million purchase of a poultry breeding, hatching and rearing business and assets, including the TUPE transfer of over 500 employees.
- Hook 2 Sisters Limited: we acted for Hook 2 Sisters in their acquisition of a poultry growing farm business and assets (including 95 leasehold properties and 94 tenancies).
- GP practices: we have been instructed by numerous GP practices to handle their legal affairs, especially in relation to partnership agreements and practice mergers.
- We handled the suite of loan finance, legal charge and inter-creditor documentation for the acquisition of The Association of Independent Music’s HQ premises.
- LA Fitness: we acted for LA Fitness in their recent disposal programme including the sale of 25 clubs to SportsDirect and 7 clubs to DW Sports.
- Our corporate lawyers acted for Nuffield College, and worked closely with our real estate colleagues, in setting up a joint venture between Nuffield College and Oxford City Council for the £200million redevelopment of a major strategic site in West Oxford.
We’re immensely proud of our client relationships. We strive to be a welcome and constant companion throughout their journeys.
Many of our clients have been with us for a long time: some since the firm began. We help them navigate matters to achieve the right outcome and we stay with them until everything has been resolved. By securing and protecting our clients’ interests, we give them the confidence and freedom to focus on their core business.
Our clients operate in different industries and sectors, but most of them have serious real estate interests, whether in the form of property in the traditional sense or other types of physical infrastructure.