Jamie joined us from Ashurst in September 2012. He specialises in all aspects of commercial real estate work including acquisitions, disposals, renewals, re-gears, sale and leasebacks and development agreements. Jamie became a partner of the firm on 1 April 2017.
- Acting for Arcadia Group, Jamie worked on the concession documentation for the trial of a new ‘store-within-store’ concept at Tesco supermarkets. The team is now working on the full roll out of this successful initiative. Read More
- Jamie led the team dealing with the subletting of warehouse space at The Body Shop International Limited/L’Oreal HQ to Amazon for use as a distribution centre. This deal involved incredibly tight deadlines and complex issues of security, 24-hour access and arrangements for staging of delivery vehicles.
- Acting for Arcadia Group on the real estate aspects of the sale of 25% of their shares in Topshop/Topman to a US private equity partnership.
- Completion of the relocation of the global Headquarters of The Body Shop International Limited from New City Court, London Bridge into 26,000 square feet of office space at Knollys House, Croydon. The main part of this transaction was completed within one month. City firm Olswang acted for the landlord. Read More
- Acting for Deloitte as administrator of Blockbuster on the disposal of property assets.
- Acting for various well known retailers such as Arcadia, McDonald’s, The Body Shop International Limited, Ladbrokes, Moss Bros, Whittard, Oxfam on all aspects relating to their property portfolios.
We’re immensely proud of our client relationships. We strive to be a welcome and constant companion throughout their journeys.
Many of our clients have been with us for a long time: some since the firm began. We help them navigate matters to achieve the right outcome and we stay with them until everything has been resolved. By securing and protecting our clients’ interests, we give them the confidence and freedom to focus on their core business.
Our clients operate in different industries and sectors, but most of them have serious real estate interests, whether in the form of property in the traditional sense or other types of physical infrastructure.
Real estate transactions
Our property lawyers work with real estate owners and investors who need to know that the acquisition, disposal and management of their properties are in safe hands. This is the bedrock of our practice and our skills are extensive and exceptional.
Landlord and tenant
Our property lawyers work with landlords and tenants across the board, when granting or taking leases, during their term and following their expiry. This work is the bedrock of our practice. Our experience is considerable and our service comprehensive.
Our business services and real estate lawyers advise clients who would like to explore franchising for business growth or refine their existing franchise models to help deliver increased growth and value.
Real estate corporate support
When property is a component of a corporate deal, we ensure that all property aspects have been examined and protected. We provide advice on the property holdings of the corporate client and ensure that the property aspects of the transaction are captured in the sale and purchase agreement ("SPA").
Retail and leisure
We have been a leader in the retail and leisure property sector for over twenty years. We have developed a dedicated multi-disciplinary retail team with extensive experience and sector connections.