We know retail and leisure
We have been a leader in the retail and leisure property sector for over twenty years. We have developed a dedicated multi-disciplinary retail team with extensive experience and sector connections.
Our team concludes many hundreds of transactions for our retail clients. We look after their interests in numerous stores and supporting buildings each year. Our clients include McDonald’s Restaurants, the Arcadia Group, The Body Shop International Limited, easyGym, Mothercare, Moss Bros, Smeg, Animal, Whittards, Ladbrokes and Oxfam.
We provide our clients with unrivalled support and a comprehensive range of transactional and advisory services.
- Acquisition of Smeg UK’s new global flagship store on Regent Street. The £5m transaction included a complete rebuild by the landlord requiring both property and construction expertise.
- Following on from our work with Arcadia Group on the trial of a new ‘store-within-store’ concept at Tesco supermarkets (read more), we are now working on the full roll out of this successful initiative. Read More
- Subletting of warehouse space at The Body Shop International plc/L’Oreal HQ to Amazon for use as a distribution centre. This deal involved incredibly tight deadlines and complex issues of security, 24-hour access and arrangements for staging of delivery vehicles.
- Acquisition of new store for Moss Bros Group plc at Westfield, Stratford. This was a significant letting of a large unit on a lease with far-reaching technical clauses relating to digital media requiring input from our technology experts.
- Acting for gym operator, Fitspace, on a share sale and related real estate disposals, involving 8 gym sites, each with different landlords. The timing on this deal was critical as completion of all 8 property transactions was required immediately after completion of the share purchase.
- Acting for Topshop in the acquisition and development and site assembly of their flagship store in the Bull Ring Birmingham. At 36,000 square feet this is their third biggest flagship store in the UK. Read More
- Completion of the relocation of the global Headquarters of The Body Shop International plc from New City Court, London Bridge into 26,000 square feet of office space at Knollys House, Croydon. The main part of this transaction was completed within one month. City firm Olswang acted for the landlord. Read More
"The recent acquisition of our Regent Street flagship store was an important transaction for Smeg. The team at BrookStreet des Roches LLP did an excellent job and covered the various aspects of the deal (construction and real estate) efficiently and effectively without fuss"
"BrookStreet des Roches efficiently and resourcefully handle property work for our portfolio of over 1400 properties - including transactional, management and where necessary, litigation. The team is friendly, reliable and proactive. We work well together."
"Oxfam has a long relationship with BrookStreet des Roches dating back to the foundation of the firm. Our legal and estates department work with a team of their lawyers in respect of our substantial property portfolio on transactional, management and dispute resolution work. The lawyers we work with are well informed and conscientious and are able to provide timely and appropriate advice. A key attribute is that the team understand our approach which helps them anticipate how we would wish to proceed in a given situation, tailoring their advice accordingly. A practical solution is always provided where possible. This is a valuable and welcome service and we believe sets them apart from other legal service providers."
We’re immensely proud of our client relationships. We strive to be a welcome and constant companion throughout their journeys.
Many of our clients have been with us for a long time: some since the firm began. We help them navigate matters to achieve the right outcome and we stay with them until everything has been resolved. By securing and protecting our clients’ interests, we give them the confidence and freedom to focus on their core business.
Our clients operate in different industries and sectors, but most of them have serious real estate interests, whether in the form of property in the traditional sense or other types of physical infrastructure.