WE KNOW HEALTH & CARE
We have a long history of working in this sector. Our team advises health and care organisations on a wide range of legal and health advisory matters, frequently advising on the interface between the law and policy. We are motivated by a determination to find commercial solutions to free up clients’ resources by reducing legal bureaucracy.
Our clients include health technology and innovation businesses; acute and secondary care providers (NHS Trusts and FTs, independent hospitals); community care providers; hospices; primary care providers (GPs, primary care federations, pharmacists, optometrists, dentists); nursing and care home providers; nurseries; NHS commissioners and commissioning support units; gyms and wellbeing businesses; vets; and providers of a range of services to those businesses.
We provide support in the following areas:
- Real estate
- New business structures
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Commercial agreements
- Intellectual property and IT
- Workforce matters
- Governance and constitution
- Information governance, data protection and freedom of information
- Public procurement
- Disputes resolution
Our experienced lawyers take pride in delivering the best commercial and legal results. We have a deep understanding of the issues facing the sector which enables us to interpret and advise on new legislation and policy affecting our clients. We are called upon regularly to speak at sector events and run seminars for clients.
- Primary care re-organisation, including federations, super-practices, retirement, accession and disputes, sale and purchase, property ownership and employment issues
- Joint ventures and partnering/collaboration agreements between providers of health and care services
- Clinical contracts drafting and negotiation (especially complex multi-specialty contracts including prime contractor and alliance models), diagnostic contracts, and disputes resolution
- Advising on legal issues associated with new business service/product launch (health and wellbeing apps and diet and fitness services, franchises etc)
- Advising on hospital mergers and acquisitions, including asset and share purchase transactions
- Supporting independent sector businesses bidding for public sector contracts, including partnering, procurement and contract advice
- Veterinary practice re-organisation and consolidation
- Running workshops on joint ventures, super-practices, the NHS standard contract, new health and wellbeing business launch
We’re immensely proud of our client relationships. We strive to be a welcome and constant companion throughout their journeys.
Many of our clients have been with us for a long time: some since the firm began. We help them navigate matters to achieve the right outcome and we stay with them until everything has been resolved. By securing and protecting our clients’ interests, we give them the confidence and freedom to focus on their core business.
Our clients operate in different industries and sectors, but most of them have serious real estate interests, whether in the form of property in the traditional sense or other types of physical infrastructure.