We know energy, infrastructure and utilities
Our lawyers have been involved with the energy, infrastructure and utilities sector for over 20 years. We have advised on:
- infrastructure aspects of the regulated electricity, gas and electronic communications industries
- foreshore agreements
- cable landing stations
- power stations
- electricity terminals
- network agreements
- asset protection agreements
- portfolio management
- dispute resolution
- managed service agreements
- data protection
Our depth of experience and specialist knowledge enable us to deliver targeted, cost-effective advice.
- For Vodafone we provided real estate legal support in relation to the acquisition of sites for the installation of electronic communications equipment as part of a new UK national core optical network providing optical connectivity and capacity. Our role included negotiation of leases and associated documents required for the fibre installation at key sites located across the United Kingdom. This was a high profile project to upgrade to the existing management platform, enhancing the fixed network delivery capability/ high capacity bandwidth that moves large volumes of Ethernet and IP traffic around the country.
- Working for one of our communications clients, we advised on a confidential high security matter comprising the lease, buildings procurement, electricity supply and wayleaves agreements for a bespoke data centre service.
- In a similar matter for an energy supply client, we advised on the managed service agreement and data security issues relating to the operation of the facility.
- The team was instructed by MEPC in respect of a high value, major infrastructure for Silverstone Park, involving drafting and negotiating electricity and gas utility supply and works contract between MEPC and Energetics (IDNO) relating to long term utility upgrade works. This work involved interesting drafting of mechanisms in the contract for determining the detail and pricing of future work scopes.
- For National Grid the real estate team concluded a project over several years for the management and negotiation of the land and rights acquisitions required for a multi-billion pound project to upgrade London’s ageing infrastructure. The team facilitated the construction of new 400kV underground cable tunnels on behalf of National Grid.
Ruth Harris knows more about the [Electronic Communications] Code than anyone else in the country.
We’re immensely proud of our client relationships. We strive to be a welcome and constant companion throughout their journeys.
Many of our clients have been with us for a long time: some since the firm began. We help them navigate matters to achieve the right outcome and we stay with them until everything has been resolved. By securing and protecting our clients’ interests, we give them the confidence and freedom to focus on their core business.
Our clients operate in different industries and sectors, but most of them have serious real estate interests, whether in the form of property in the traditional sense or other types of physical infrastructure.